To help evaluate our contribution to the State, our Statement of Corporate Intent 2018-19 (SCI) links the State Government goals to our strategic goals and the relevant key performance indicators.
State Government goals
1: Better places
A quality environment with liveable and affordable communities and vibrant regions.
2: Strong communities
Safe communities and supported families.
3: Future jobs and skills
Grow and diversify the economy, create jobs and support skills development.
4: Sustainable finances
Responsible financial management and better service delivery
Our strategic goals
Deliver healthy forests for future generations.
Facilitate a vibrant forestry industry to deliver social and economic benefits, particularly in regional Western Australia.
Ensure efficient, effective and safe delivery of business outcomes.
Key performance indicators
- Quantity of native forest hardwood log timber harvested compared
- to the FMP sustainable levels and targets
- Harvest of sandalwood does not exceed Order in Council
- Effectiveness of forest regeneration (karri, jarrah and sandalwood)
- The achievement of thinning schedules (karri, softwood plantations
- and sandalwood plantations)
- All aspects of road construction within guidelines
- All operations commence with required approvals
- Independent certification maintained
- Area of softwood plantation established against target
- Expansion of the plantation estate
- Increase in low-value resource delivered to and processed by local markets
- Planned firebreak activities achieved
- Timeliness of response to stakeholder concerns or complaints
- All high-value sawlog resource processed locally
- Timeliness of initial response to Ministerials requests and Parliamentary Questions
- Operating profit
- Costs per dollar of revenue generated
- Log delivery consistent with contractual obligations
- Green sandalwood roots as a percentage of green sandalwood harvested
The SCI sets our priority initiatives for the financial year.